Forum

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Topic: New light wind board
Williamhawk
New light wind board
on: December 21, 2017, 13:51

Hi all,

I�m seeking your opinion on a replacement for my 2000 AHD Freediamond 77. The board is old and starting to show its age. Last year one of the footstrap inserts started leaking and had to be repaired. The inserts were installed in the EPS foam without any reinforcement. I figure it is just a matter of time before one of the other inserts fail. Replacing them all could get a little costly so I am shopping for a new board.

The sail ranges I used for the FD 77 was 6.5 to 8.5 powered up sailing on small lakes. For lighter winds or on larger bodies of water I use the 2004 GTS 86. The reason the GTS hasn�t totally replaced the FD 77 is because the FD 77 is far more fun when it comes to gybing. The FD 77 gybes like a much smaller board so gybing is the main characteristic that I am looking for in a new board. Early planing is not as important because I will use the GTS if the wind is marginal.

The four boards that I am considering are the Starboard Futura 133, the Naish Freewide 140, the Fanatic Ray 140 and the Fanatic Shark 145. I am shopping by width, not volume so I am looking at boards around 77 cm wide with hopefully thin, soft, tucked rails for nice gybing. I know you probably have not ridden the Futura or the Freewide but you should be able to separate the Shark from the Ray for me.

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://www.calema.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=539

Corporate Promo Video

Pages: [1]
WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 1.7.5 ; Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.